This is an Electro-Mechanical Assembly position focusing on mechanical assembly and building control panels. The individual will report to the Operations department and perform a variety of tasks related to more complex assemblies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Utilize shop floor paper work and prints to properly identify parts and components for assembly.
- Use a variety of hand tools and power tools to assemble parts into finished products.
- Operate machinery as required to complete assembly tasks (drill press, grinder, etc.)
- Read blue prints, product drawings, and sketches to assemble components into finished products.
- Complete necessary paper work for manufacturing orders – confirm bills of material, record units produced and tasks required for production orders.
- Pick parts and components from warehouse to complete assembly order when required.
- Utilize material handling equipment to transport material between work centers and areas within the production area, including pallet jacks, hand truck, fork lift, etc.
- Operate equipment in a safe and orderly manner
- Maintain clean and organized work space
- Perform additional manufacturing duties as needed
- 3-5 years of mechanical assembly experience or equivalent and include:
o Basic pipe and piping system assembly
o Wiring of control panels utilizing blue prints and wiring diagrams
o Moderate to complex product configurations
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must show proof of US working eligibility
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, qualifications or physical demands associated with the position. Selas is an an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.