This position supports plant operations by providing manufacturing knowledge during the product development process and provides ongoing support to daily manufacturing operations to improve overall plant performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with engineering and product development to determine manufacturability of new and existing products.
- Establish product bills of material and manufacturing routings for new products and update existing routings as needed to accurately represent actual manufacturing processing.
- Develop manufacturing process instructions and Create and maintain Process Flow, PFMEA, and Operation and Maintenance documentation.
- Initiate and manage a variety of manufacturing projects, including new equipment investigation, purchase, and implementation; facility consolidation rationalization and integration, IT data collection and manufacturing automation, and other facility and process related activities.
- Meet or exceed labor content and product cost standards utilizing good assembly methodologies and ergonomics.
- Support Production in reducing / eliminating equipment and tooling downtime or scrap, utilizing good analytical methodologies.
- Work closely with purchasing and sourcing to develop new and alternative sources for raw materials and contract manufacturing requirements.
- Develop cost reduction initiatives throughout facility to reduce material, labor, and overhead costs.
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion.
- 4-year engineering degree preferred (Mechanical, Industrial, etc.) plus 3-4 years of experience/or equivalent hands-on experience.
- Experience in ceramics compounding and processing, including molding, forming, and pressing a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience in implementing lean manufacturing techniques.
- General understanding of traditional manufacturing, machining processes and flexible lean assembly.
- Ability to interpret blueprints and review various processes to develop manufacturing routings for processing products from start to finish.
- Experience implementing policies and procedures to acquire and maintain ISO or QS certification.
- Experience in the design of tooling and fixturing for various manufacturing processes.
- Experience in a discrete manufacturing job shop environment with products containing multiple level bills of material.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Project and Process management skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Physical Demands.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, qualifications or physical demands associated with the position. Selas is an an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.