Sales Application Engineer
The Sales Application Engineer serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services. To coordinate the planning, design, and installation of machinery and equipment in an industrial environment, using knowledge of engineering and programming as well as sophisticated instruments and computers. Responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products/technologies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work towards the achievement of the company vision statement. Be familiar and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policy as it relates to your area of work.
- Researches, collects, and reports information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment.
- Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems, and redesign of existing systems to fulfill the needs of customers.
- Ability to analyze diverse range of industrial process heating products to evaluate market trends that would influence the new product development process.
- Provide equipment functionality and capability reports to the sales force and act as technical liaison to the sales team.
- Develops specifications for equipment as well as performance requirements.
- Prepares cost analysis for integrating new machinery and equipment into the manufacturing process by studying customer drawings, plans and related documents and consulting with relevant engineering personnel
- Gains customer acceptance of proposals by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions or operating improvements benefits in customer system from use of our products.
- Ensures effective communications and relationships between customers and project team members are maintained. Must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both technical and business users at customers.
- Gathers information and researches early assessments of customer opportunities. Engage internal teams to build estimates with existing products, technologies, processes, and workflows.
- Occasional travel to customer locations and industrial locations to evaluate upgrade/retrofit leads that may involve exposure to heat, noise, and large industrial equipment.
- 4-year engineering degree preferred (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, etc.) plus 4 years of relevant experience/ or 8 years of on the job experience.
- Knowledge of electronics, mechanics, pneumatics, and PLC programming.
- Experience in the design and development of programmed applications, PLC, Ladder logic, etc.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the industrial combustion field.
- Detailed oriented and strong organizational and analysis skills.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Project and Process management skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all departments and levels of the organization.
- Good to advanced MS Excel skills.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to travel to customer sites.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, qualifications or physical demands associated with the position. Selas is an an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.