SWT Sales Engineer, Europe
Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships within the industrial combustion and process heating industry markets, at assigned customer accounts and engaging with Selas’ distribution to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources.
Duties & Responsibilities
- The Sales Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies and plans to acquire new business at assigned customers to meet or exceed annual sales goals and grow market share. Assigned customers include OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturer’s), End-Users, and Reps (Representatives).
- Establishes plant multi-level relationships with the customer base and understands each of their business needs and resources to deliver value across our business bases.
- Maintains accurate assessment of target and opportunity funnel within the Sales and Marketing Department using CRM (Client Relationship Management) system.
- Provides application knowledge and industry expertise and manages sales activities according to disciplined solution selling process (Customer Centric Selling). This includes providing ECR’s (Engineering Change Requests) and product feedback into Product Engineering teams for improvements, optimizations, and new product develop driven by customer interactions.
- Develops new customers from Prospect, Qualification, Engineered Solution, and Services all the way through to Acquisition and Maintenance of new business.
- Bring the right resources to the table to impact the customer’s decision process and presents solutions to the customer (value proposition, return on investment).
- Teams with Corporate to develop Contracts, Pricing and Negotiation Strategy to come to price and terms agreement with customers. Provide market pricing feedback into Selas for positioning within the industry segment.
- Engages the team and the Senior Management, as required, to strategize and close opportunities.
- Organizes and manages a technical engagement team for identified opportunities and integrates competitive data and strategy into proposals.
- Develop forecasting within industry segment.
- Participate in industry segment trade associations, standards and codes activities, and marketing events as requested by Senior Management.
- Through familiarity, ensures to follow company policies and procedures. High ethical standards in all situations and reports activity that does not meet those standards, including but not limited to government laws.
- Follows Selas Policies and Procedures include, but not limited to: Safety Policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%.
- Fluent in German and English languages
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline, additional business-related degree and/or experience is a plus. Minimum five years of experience in technical combustion sales, preferably within the industrial combustion and adjacent market space. Detailed oriented and strong organizational and analysis skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a technical degree and aptitude, along with experience calling on Original Equipment Manufacturers, Resellers, Representatives, and End-User bases.
- Proven record of success and knowledge of the Process Heating Industry would be of great interest.
- This is not an entry level sales position, and candidates should be comfortable calling on Owners, Presidents, and other high-level executive positions, in addition to Engineering and Purchasing levels within the customer base.
- Solution Selling, or similar, sales training is desired.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, qualifications or physical demands associated with the position. Selas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.