The Pyronics High Velocity Single Tunnel Hot Shot (HS) series is used primarily where a high recirculation rate of the products of combustion is required. They produce a high-velocity stream of hot gases at the exit of the burner tunnel which will give a high degree of heat penetration into the work in a furnace. The result being greater efficiency with reduced fuel costs. Burners can also operate with excess air or fuel providing additional versatility in process applications. (For Dual-Fuel Hi-Velocity Burners, see Bulletin 3640).
- Periodic Kilns – Shuttle Kilns – Tunnel Kilns
- Large Carbottom Furnaces – Heat Treating – Stress Relieving
- Ladle Heating – Impingement Heating – Reverberatory Furnaces
Features and Benefits
- High-Velocity: 250 ft./sec.
- Refractory Block: 3000°F (3300°F refractory available)
- Block Casings: Steel or alloy available for fiber lined furnaces.
- Air/Gas Connections: Flanged for ease of installation.
- 5 Sizes: 1 1/2 to 6 NPT Air Connections.
- Ratings: 320,000 to 5,150,000 BTU/HR at 20 oz. air pressure at burner (see Table).
- Turndown: 10 to 1
- Excess Air: 300% (without pilot)
- Excess Fuel: 40% (without pilot)
- Burner Ports: Pilot, flame monitoring, and sight (sight glass not included).
- Direct Spark: Available (low fire start only)
- Preheated Air: Up to 750°F as Std. (1000°F units available, consult factory).