Bodies are rugged cast iron construction, discs are plated steel with shafts machined from steel or brass. 6 TBV has plated steel hexagonal body.
A unique “O” ring seal prevents leakage around the shaft. The large, easy grip handle makes for easy adjustment. Valve position is maintained by thumb screw lock. Adjustable limit stops control maximum and minimum flow.
Thousands are in use on a myriad of applications including: industrial furnaces, kilns, atmosphere generators, etc. Models are available for electric or pneumatic actuator operation (see Bulletins 1312 and 1313).
Features and Benefits
- Economical manual flow control valve.
- For most fuel gases and air.
- High pressure operation — rated to 25 psig.
- Double bearing shaft — positive alignment.
- O ring sealed shaft.
- Thumb screw lock — holds disc position.
- Adjustable limit stops — both high and low flow.
- Disc position indicator on name plate.
- Cast iron body and steel disc.
- Large, easy-grip dial handle.