Selas Superheat Burners Provide Superior Flame Hardening, Flame Annealing, Fire Polishing, Brazing and Pre-Heating.
Our superheat burners increase the effectiveness of selective open heating by releasing high heat only to very specific areas of a workpiece.
Using commercial fuel gas and air (no bottled oxygen), Selas superheat burners can replace oxy-gas tips and cut operating costs by 10:1 or more.
Gas/air premix is burned under pressure to produce flame temperatures up to 2800°F and blast velocities up to 600 ft./sec. Since conventional gas burners can’t handle these extreme operating conditions, Selas superheat burners are the only viable option for many processes.
Features and Benefits
- High heat release to localized areas
- Openings and slot lengths from 3/4 to 60
- Perfect for automated high-speed production lines
- Increases effectiveness of selective open heating
- Low-cost alternative to oxy-gas burner tips
- Flame temperatures to 2800F
- Blast velocities to 600 ft/sec
- Heat release capacities to 25,000 BTU/hr/inch of slot length
- Instant ignition with optional spark plugs
- Compact design, durable construction